Thursday, March 13, 2014

Oh Canada...

   It has been well over a year since the last time I posted on my blog but I will start being more diligent at it as it may be one of the only ways for people to know what is going on in my life once we have moved...Yes moved.
  Last fall we went to Ontario to visit my brother-in-law Josh and his family. Upon going we had no desire to move however once we got there things began to change. God began to work in our hearts about going to Canada for awhile. Ok you are probably wondering "How can two American's move to Canada legally?" Well it would be difficult however my husband is a half breed. LOL He was born in Killarney, Manitoba in June 1977. His parents at the time did not have medical insurance and as it is today it is far less expensive to have child in Canada then it is in the states. So this enables my husband to live and work in Canada as much as he wants.
  When Nathan and I got home from Ontario last October we both felt that we were to move to Canada. However there were things that needed to happen first. Nathan needed a job offer of some kind, we wanted to be free of debt, and we wanted to feel absolute peace about the move. Just as in all things God threw us a curve ball.
   At the beginning of January Nate and I discovered we were having another baby...I am currently 14.6 weeks pregnant with what will be our last baby. This of course caused us to pause and pray more about this potential move. What did this mean? Was the move still a good idea. Nate still hadn't found a job or anything but in all things God will provide. (As a side note. NO ONE in Canada knew we were even considering moving up there. We had only really shared this information with Nile and Leona so they could be praying as well.)
  Shortly before my birthday in January Nathan got a call from a company in Alliston Ontario called 3rd Day Construction offering him an open ended job whenever he was available to come. We felt like this was the answer to prayer we were looking for, but Nate needed more info so he went to Ontario in February and met with Chris the owner and operator of the company to discuss details and to get somethings rolling. While he was away doing that I was busy looking into what would be available to me in regards to having this baby in Canada. I was led to the many Midwifery services they have up there. The first one I looked into was booked for September deliveries and put me on a waiting list. The second accepted me as a patient. So while I will be doctoring with a Midwife and delivering with a Midwife I will deliver in a Hospital in either Shelburne or Orangeville.
  For the record we will be debt free before we leave the States PRAISE JESUS. So as of May 1st of this year we will be Residents of Alliston, Ontario. We are excited to see what God has for us and we will of course be in contact with everyone so they know what is up with us and our family. I may not be on Facebook much but watch my Blog Posts so you can see what's up. In the meantime Keep us in your prayers as we embark on this journey that God has for us.
  We love you all so very much. If you have questions for us please feel free to ask we are not hiding anything and desire nothing more the support and love of our families.

  Elizabeth...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment